Famous Memorial Day Quotes 2019. At last, we will recollect not the expressions of our foes, however the quietness of our companions. Energy is supporting your nation constantly, and your administration when it merits it. My kindred Americans, ask not what your nation can accomplish for you, approach what you can accomplish for your nation.
30 Famous Memorial Day Quotes 2019
- ”In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. ”
—Martin Luther King, Jr.
- ”Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. ”
- ”Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism. ”
- My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
–John F. Kennedy
- I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.
- The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.
- Memorial Day isn’t just about honoring veterans, it’s honoring those who lost their lives. Veterans had the fortune of coming home. For us, that’s a reminder of when we come home we still have a responsibility to serve. It’s a continuation of service that honors our country and those who fell defending it.
- Who sows virtue reaps honor.
–Leonardo da Vinci
- Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong.
- As America celebrates Memorial Day, we pay tribute to those who have given their lives in our nation’s wars.
–John M. McHugh
- True patriotism isn’t cheap. It’s about taking on a fair share of the burden of keeping America going.
- I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.
- Memorial Day this year is especially important as we are reminded almost daily of the great sacrifices that the men and women of the Armed Services make to defend our way of life.
- May Heaven be propitious, and smile on the cause of my country.
- A man’s country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.
- Man is a military animal, glories in gunpowder, and loves parade.
–Philip James Bailey
- There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in America.
–William J. Clinton
- America is hope. It is compassion. It is excellence. It is valor.
- What I can do for my country, I am willing to do.
- On Memorial Day, I don’t want to only remember the combatants. There were also those who came out of the trenches as writers and poets, who started preaching peace, men, and women who have made this world a kinder place to live.
- I would rather be remembered by a song than by a victory.
- There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country.
- The average American is nothing if not patriotic.
- I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.
- On what rests the hope of the republic? One country, one language, one flag!
- 137 years later, Memorial Day remains one of America’s most cherished patriotic observances. The spirit of this day has not changed – it remains a day to honor those who died defending our freedom and democracy.
— Doc Hastings
- In remembering those who lost their lives in the London attacks and the September 11th attacks we continue our commitment to fighting for freedom, democracy, and justice.
- There’s intense national feeling in America that could be called patriotism.
- There are no points of the compass on the chart of true patriotism.
–Robert Charles Winthrop
- The heroes of Flight 93 won the first battle in the War on Terror, and they should never be forgotten.
— Jim Ramstad10 Best Memorial Day Quotes And Sayings 2019
On the off chance that gatherings and picnics are at the forefront of your thoughts, add a bit of enthusiasm to your festival. Spread the message of adoration on Famous Memorial Day Quotes.